HARFANG® 3D v3.2.1
This minor release brings both code and submodules maintenance, several fixes in the toolchain, in the scenegraph and physics interchange and in the rendering pipeline.
Source code maintenance#
- Updated GLFW (3.3.6).
- Updated BGFX to the latest version.
- Updated OpenAL (v.1.6.10b).
- Updated OpenVR (v1.16.8).
- Fixed the debug build with Visual Studio Build Tools 2022.
- Fixed the installation of PDB files.
- CMake misc. fixes and updates.
- FBX Importer: changed the unit of command line argument
max smoothing angle to degrees and fixed the internal vertex/tangent computation.
- GLTF Importer: improved the way non-Windows-compliant filenames are handled.
- Fixed an issue in the Wavefront OBJ export that flipped the model on the X axis.
- Improve the error message issued by OpenAssets in case of missing file.
- Fixed a crash when parsing a corrupted .HPS file.
- Switched to a time limit based resource queue processing
- Return the size on disk of a folder
- Implemented a ComputeNodeWorldMatrix to compute a node world matrix on the fly (
SetWorld). ⚠️ This function is slow but useful when scene matrices are not yet up-to-date
- Improved the way unicode paths are handled on Windows
- Preliminary support for scene properties animation (
FogColor) while preserving the legacy file format.
- Add an
LSSF_Silent scene flag, add many boolean flags to silence errors in the rendering IO.
- Allow 32 bit indices in geometries (In the future we might introduce a force 16 bit indice flag if required).
- Validate index and vertex buffer handles when creating geometries.
- Flag instantiated nodes as
NF_InstanceDisabled if the host node is disabled.
- Added file filter descriptions to the file selector dialogs (
- Added a depth only pass to render shadow maps (
- Set a higher probe resolution by default (from 64 to 512, using the
--glossBias 0 parameters sent to CMFT).
- Load/save AAA config (
- Tweaked the default light values (default_shadow_bias set to 0.0001, pssm_split of a the linear light set to 200m).
- Switched the jitter sequence to Halton (2,3).
- Added a function to retrieve the size of the OpenVR framebuffers
- Added a
RGBA32 pixel format to improve the performance when playing a video stream.
- Fixed an issue in synchronizing state from scene to kinematic body
- Added an explanation of why using integer representation for time is important.
- Documented the profiler API.
- Added a HARFANG logo in the Doxygen documentation
The following screenshots were captured on a GTX 1080 in 1080P running at 60FPS, GI is performed using screen space raytracing and does not require RTX capable hardware.