HARFANG® 3D v3.0.0
This major release mainly replaces Newton Dynamics with Bullet Dynamics for physics and improves interoperability between supported languages.
- Add diffuse and specular intensity to lights.
- Performance and filtering improvements of the AAA rendering pipeline.
- Replace Newton Dynamics with Bullet 3 Dynamics, SceneBullet3Physics uses the same API as SceneNewtonPhysics.
- Add SceneBullet3Physics.NodeWake to wake a sleeping body.
- Implement restitution and friction in rigid bodies.
- Provide support for value transfer between Lua VMs when calling Get/Set/Call on SceneLuaVM.
- Implement full value transfer between Python and Lua VMs.
- Implement Call on SceneLuaVM.
- Light default specular value is now (1.0, 1.0, 1.0).
- Support for specular color in core light models (point, spot, linear) in the PBR shader.
This is not compliant with a strict definition of a PBR Pipeline, but this approach tends to be a consensus in the industry (Blender, Redshift, …) and is artist-friendly.
- Add Joystick support (Joystick, JoystickState, ReadJoystick, GetJoystickNames, GetJoystickDeviceNames).
- Improve OpenAsset and LoadResourceMeta performance.
- Improve Vertices.End performance by removing systematic default validation.
- Rename x_aspect_ratio parameter to fov_axis_is_horizontal in SceneSubmitToForwardRenderPipeline.
- SetView2D and SetViewPerspective now takes x,y,w,h instead of w,h.
- Fix redundant loads of texture meta JSON when loading materials.
- Fix ImGui Enter/Return key distinction.
- Fix broken linear texture filtering.
- Fix GLFW window system not sending window signals and breaking IsWindowOpen as a consequence.
- Fix spurious error message when opening asset with several asset folders registered.
- New AssImp converter.
- GLTF Importer: Add occlusion texture if no metal/roughness texture is declared in a source material.
- FBX, GLTF importer: Fix on the importation of animations in some specific rotations situations.
- Quickstart page improvements.
- Index class members in the search index.
- Update STB Truetype.
- Update STB Vorbis.
- Update STB Image.
- Update STB Image Write.
- Update bgfx.
- Update bimg.
- Update tiny process.
The following screenshots were captured on a 2080GTX in 1080P running at 60FPS, GI is performed using screen space raytracing and does not require RTX capable hardware.